There’s a long-held myth that caring about your skin is something reserved for women. Wrong! A growing number of men are recognizing just how important it is to properly care for your skin—particularly if you want to avoid looking prematurely aged, droopy, and lined.
So, gentlemen, it’s time to up your game. Here are some of the best things you can do to keep looking sharp.
A growing number of men are recognizing just how important it is to properly take care of your skin…or risk looking prematurely aged, droopy, and lined.
Gentle improvement + early intervention
Men have thicker skin than women, which means that signs of aging may not appear until a bit later in life. But that doesn’t mean your skin should be neglected. Using the right products from a young age can help strengthen the skin and delay the appearance of wrinkles.
If you’re just starting to notice signs of aging or are hoping to get a head start for prevention, there are some key things you can do to take care of your skin. Here are a few treatments we recommend to men hoping to slow the aging process or improve mild concerns.
- The HydraFacial MD® is a gentle though comprehensive facial system that can be fully customized to your unique needs. It uses water to deeply cleanse congested pores, removing impurities and restoring moisture, making it a fantastic option for fellas who skips out on a daily skin routine. As a bonus, treatment is quick, affordable, and does not result in any visible clues that you’ve had anything done—though your significant other will probably notice your more touchable skin!
- A chemical peel uses specific acids to kickstart a chemical exfoliation, helping to rid your skin of the dead or damaged skin cells that give you a dull, flaky appearance. Though peels typically require some minimal downtime of one to two days, you can plan it for a Friday and be ready for work come Monday.
- Microdermabrasion involves manual removal of dead skin cells. A special device is used that “blasts” the skin, essentially scraping away the most outer layer of skin and encouraging your body’s natural healing response. This improves skin texture, lessens the appearance of wrinkles, and can improve sun damage. So long rough skin, hello touchably smooth face. (Your partner will thank us!)
Remember: your treatment at the Little Rock Cosmetic Surgery Center will be customized to you. Depending on your needs and areas of concern, we may combine treatments to yield better results. For instance, many of our male patients benefit most from a micro-peel, which combines the power of both microdermabrasion and a chemical peel to encourage the production of new skin cells, collagen, and elastin.
Many male patients can benefit from a micro-peel, which combines the power of both microdermabrasion and a chemical peel to encourage the production of new skin cells, collagen, and elastin.
A little extra help smoothing & lifting
If your wrinkles are already noticeable, it might be time for more advanced treatments. The following non-invasive options can be done during your lunch break and boast great results with no downtime.
- BOTOX® (aka BROTOX) consistently ranks as the most popular injectable treatment year after year for a very good reason: it simply works. And not only can it smooth out forehead wrinkles and improve a heavy brow, it can also be used to treat excessive sweating.
- Ultherapy® uses ultrasound technology to tighten and lift skin on the neck, along the jawline, and around the eyes—without surgery.
Your options for more dramatic improvement
For deep creases and sagging skin, non-surgical procedures and skincare treatments just won’t cut it. Dr. Rhys Branman offers a number of facial rejuvenation procedures to lift, tighten, tone, and smooth.
- One of the most popular male cosmetic surgery procedures is facelift surgery, which can help you look up to 10 years younger by reducing excess, drooping skin on the face and neck and improving the appearance of facial creases.
- If you’d like something with a bit less recovery time, a SmartLift uses smaller incisions and is less invasive than a traditional facelift.
- Tired of looking tired? A brow lift can help tighten loose skin on the brow and above the eyes, helping you look sharper and more alert. An eyelid lift can rid you of eyelid bags and even improve your peripheral vision.
Book your consultation. It’s free!
Everyone has individualized needs and the best way to determine what will help your skin and overall appearance is by consulting with a board certified cosmetic surgeon. Contact us today if you’re ready to learn how you can look and feel your best in the new year!Posted December 22, 2016