With a chill in the air, it’s not too early to dive into the holidays and squeeze in a few adventures before 2019 is over and out. Whether your favorite part of the season is singing catchy carols, hanging decorations, seeing myriad Christmas lights, or celebrating with family and friends, there are plenty of holiday events in Little Rock to enjoy.
Here are 5 ways to make your Little Rock Christmas 2019 one to remember:
1. Start the holiday season off Griswold-style
Pile the family into the car and head to a local tree farm to cut down your own perfect Christmas tree. You know your tree will be fresh, and you can make sure it looks just right—and isn’t housing any surprise squirrels—before you bring it home.
Whether you’re strolling through the trees with your significant other or bundling up the whole family, you and your crew will love starting the season with a fun outing and hand-picking your holiday tree.
2. Fill up on eggnog
Whether you prefer a classic nog or something more exotic and contemporary, you’ll find it at the 15th Annual Nog-Off on Friday, December 13th from 5:30-8 pm. Sample a variety of recipes and then vote for your favorite to help crown this year’s winner. You’re sure to get plenty of inspiration for making your own at home!
3. Countdown to Christmas with your taste buds
Why limit yourself to pre-made chocolate advent calendars when you can try a new seasonal food every day? Be adventurous this season and create your own food advent calendar. Here’s how: invite family members and friends to take turns making or finding one food item for each day—or stop by some of your favorite restaurants around Little Rock to see what’s trending.
View this post on Instagram
Here are a few ideas:
- If you’re feeling hoppy, dedicate a few of your advent days to some seasonal Little Rock brews, such as Flyway Brewing’s Christmas Ale or Fruit Cake Belgian Dubbel or Lost Forty Brewing’s S’Morest Queen.
- Celebrate seasonal sweets with a fresh, delectable holiday pie from Community Bakery or grab a flaky wintertime pastry from Mylo Coffee Co.
- Make your advent chocolate artisanal by filling a few days with Cocoa Belle’s handcrafted—and sinfully delicious—chocolate.
4. Brush off the chill with a hot cocoa “pub crawl”
Start your own tradition of family-friendly holiday events in Little Rock by checking out some of the sweet local cafes and sipping a mug of warm hot chocolate or coffee. Skip the chains and support local businesses around town—you never know when you might find a new favorite spot!
View this post on Instagram
Some great local cafes to be sure to add to your list:
- Loblolly Creamery may be known for their sweet frozen treats, but they whip up on heck of a hot chocolate! In addition to a classic mug, you can try signature flavors like orange, honey lavender, and even unicorn. Bonus: their marshmallows are to-die-for.
- Step through that bright yellow door into a world of warm and delicious at Mylo Coffee Co. It’s the perfect stop if you need to refuel your caffeine levels after your hot cocoa pub crawl.
- Head over to a relative newbie in town, Nexus Coffee & Creative, for a cup of traditional cocoa, a seasonal latte, or your choice of sustainably sourced Guatemalan coffee.
5. Visit with Santa
No Christmas season is complete without seeing the big man in red. Get your wish list ready and let Santa know if you’ve been good this year. It’s a great opportunity to get photos of the kids with Santa or one of the whole family together. Many events offer other activities as well to keep the fun going and the little ones busy.
Santas can be spotted around town at venues including The Promenade at Chenal, the Clinton Presidential Center, the McCain Mall, ArtLab Creative Studio, or even Little Rock Zoo. You might even knock out some holiday shopping at the same time!
The holidays are a wonderful time to celebrate with family and friends, so no matter what you choose to do, the important part is that you’re all together. Tailor your Little Rock Christmas 2019 festivities to your own liking and make this holiday season one to remember. Happy holidays from our family to yours!