Healthy, attractive skin provides a foundation for the rest of your appearance. Sun damage, wrinkles, dark spots, or acne scars effect all of us at some point, and reversing these signs of aging can be a challenge with cosmetics alone.
Laser skin resurfacing allows us to remove the damaged layers of skin and promote new, healthy skin growth, dramatically improving the skin’s appearance after treatment. There’s little if any downtime involved, and best of all, these improvements will last—like you’ve given your skin a clean slate.
What Can Lasers Help Me Improve?
- Restore a “rosy glow” to a yellowish or sallow gray complexion.
- Dramatically reduce wrinkles around the mouth, eyes and cheeks.
- Virtually erase sun-induced brown spots and acne scars.
- Smooth “hills and valleys” caused by chicken pox scars.
What are my Laser Resurfacing options?
We offer a variety of laser technologies to meet your needs, including the Sciton Profile Laser to reduce fine lines, acne scars, sun spots, and hyperpigmentation, and the Cutera CoolGlide for laser hair removal and spider vein treatment.
- BBL Photofacial: BBL is ideal for treating redness, brown spots and other types of age-related discoloration. It works by targeting pigment in the skin with light energy. BBL is usually best for patients with fair skin.
- Sciton Profile Laser: Learn all about this versatile, state-of-the-art laser system, and why we believe it’s the best for treating many top skin concerns.
- Spider Vein Treatment: Restore a youthful look to your face, legs and ankles without needles or surgery.
- Laser Hair Removal: Imagine never shaving again! In just a few treatments, the Cutera CoolGlide laser can help you get smooth, hair-free skin and a low-maintenance look.
Is There Any Recovery After Laser Resurfacing?
Depending on the laser treatment you receive, you may have no downtime, or you may need to rest at home for a few days. We will apply dressing to your skin to keep it moist, until the new outer layer reforms in 5-7 days. It is important to keep the areas clean.
Initially, redness may be very pronounced. This may last several weeks or months, but can be often camouflaged with post-operative cosmetics. Tenderness or a mild sunburn sensation is expected.
Remember, healing after a surgical procedure is a gradual process. Very quickly you will notice a significant improvement in your skin quality and appearance. Subtle signs of continuing improvement will usually occur for 6-12 months. You will continue to enjoy your younger looking, smoother, healthier skin for many years to come.
Are there any risks to laser skin resurfacing?
Laser resurfacing is a popular procedure, and is usually very safe when performed by a qualified medical professional. Although complications are rare, they can and do occur, including obvious darkening or lightening of the skin, scarring, or an infection. You can minimize your risk by choosing a provider with demonstrated knowledge and experience in multiple laser platforms, who will be able to recommend a treatment that is safe for your skin type.
Learn more about a laser skin resurfacing in Little Rock
In this video, our very own Registered Nurse April Gring walks you through the laser skin resurfacing process – from prepping for your procedure through your full recovery. For more information about surgical procedures at our surgery center, please watch our general surgery video here.
If you have questions or would like to learn more about your options for laser skin resurfacing, we are here to help. Contact us to schedule a consultation with Dr. Branman at our Little Rock Cosmetic Surgery office. Dr. Branman has been helping Little Rock, Arkansas patients since 1998 and he would be happy for you to come in for a consult.