Choosing Your Breast Implant Size
Breast implants come in almost any size imaginable. To determine the appropriate size for your breast augmentation procedure, you need to identify and analyze three main factors:
- the results you want to achieve
- the proper placement of the breast implant
- your body type, breast size, and breast shape
Try on Your Breast Implants for Size
A key part of your consultation is finding the implant size that will give you the look you want. The best way to do this? See what you might look like with implants, before you have surgery. You will get to try on different implants to see how each enhances your body proportions. With Dr. Branman’s guidance, we can help you find the right implants for your new look.
Can We Aim for a Specific Cup Size?
No matter what breast implant size you end up choosing, trying to estimate the cup size you will be after breast augmentation is not a realistic objective. However, talking to Dr. Branman about your desired cup size may serve as a useful way to share your general goals for breast augmentation.
Bring in photos of women whose breast profile you like. While we aren’t going to turn you into someone else, having pictures may help many you describe what you like and what you don’t like. Dr. Branman will take your preferences into consideration to help you find implants that achieve the characteristics you like in a way that looks great on your body.
What breast implant size options do I have?
Although other sizes are available, the most common implant sizes used in breast augmentation range from 200cc to 850cc. A larger breast implant will generally have greater diameter and increased projection, and most implant types come in a range of profiles and base widths.
Other Considerations Regarding Breast Implant Size
- Larger implants (in general, over 400cc) are thought to carry a greater risk of implant displacement.
- Assessing the proportions of your body can often help you in choosing a size. If you have a wider chest circumference and are taller, you may be happier with a larger implant to achieve the size increase you want.
- Viewing breast augmentation before and after photos of patients with similar breast size and body proportions can also help you determine a good size.
- To obtain a satisfactory result, you should be open about your desires; if large breasts are what you want, be straightforward about saying so.